Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Seven
bl*c
Alpha Beta
Hank
Mr.Thrawn
CaptainLock
Shock Trooper
TK-421
Darman
Troopa D
VBBN
YG-49
Hutch
Custom 333
TheMissingPiece
jj481012
Denal
1 Million Watts of Power
Dutch
23 posters

Video Games Topic

Dutch
    Dutch

Video Games Topic - Page 6 Desing10
    Video Games Topic - Page 6 Birck_apocVideo Games Topic - Page 6 Customizer_tagVideo Games Topic - Page 6 Army_rank

Video Games Topic - Page 6 Empty Re: Video Games Topic

Post  Dutch Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:30 pm

If any one would be hacked on this forum it would be me or Hazard.

Post  Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:47 am

Dutch wrote:If any one would be hacked on this forum it would be me or Hazard.
    Well, not necessarily. Tac's on the site, I think he keeps a file of all the passwords he's ever stumbled upon. Embarassed

But, look on the bright side, Dutch. At least were wanted. Razz
    Custom 333
    Custom 333

C4 is my cousin
    Video Games Topic - Page 6 Gold_starVideo Games Topic - Page 6 Birck_apocVideo Games Topic - Page 6 Customizer_tag

Post  Custom 333 Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:06 pm

I just found on the website for my old old old favorite Xblaster (which I know stinks now that I've found 3D) and I found this.

beta.reignofsteel.net

It's in beta, but that pretty much just means they aren't trying to squeeze money out of it yet, it's very playable. It can get old after a while but it's worth the time you spend playing it IMO.
    Custom 333
    Custom 333

C4 is my cousin
    Video Games Topic - Page 6 Gold_starVideo Games Topic - Page 6 Birck_apocVideo Games Topic - Page 6 Customizer_tag

Post  Custom 333 Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:02 pm

Does anybody know if Counter-Strike: Condition Zero is any good? I've heard a lot about it, but it could be one of those "invent the FPS wheel" historic games.
    Dutch
    Dutch

Video Games Topic - Page 6 Desing10
    Video Games Topic - Page 6 Birck_apocVideo Games Topic - Page 6 Customizer_tagVideo Games Topic - Page 6 Army_rank

Post  Dutch Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:17 am

I was playing Halo ODST at my friends house and we found a hunter wearing gold armor. Shocked

Post  Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:21 pm

Custom 333 wrote:W/e, COD is noob.

Yesterday at Scouts we had some very noob Cubs visiting, and they were all talking about COD. Laughing

COD has a lot less recoil, imbalanced weapons, and insane weapons (everything's got a nade launcher slapped on it), and it's hacked like ####. Between the OP radar, the lack of recoil, and the explosive weapons, all a player's got to do is walk around and point at enemies. That is, if they don't have an aimbot pointing for them. Not only that, but COD puts a lot of standards up, almost every game forum has some loser saying "waah, I want it, COD has it" when whatever they're talking about is a bad idea or way to expensive for a game that costs less than half what COD does. And it's almost impossible to talk about any game other than COD now to most people, other good games get their heads smashed on.

tl;dr

COD has a noob playerbase, and because of that it's got noob weapons and noob features.

EDIT: Dammit you made me go off topic. Laughing

COD has a lot less recoil, imbalanced weapons, and insane weapons (everything's got a nade launcher slapped on it)

That's funny, because you just explained the exact opposite of COD black ops.

Now, I won't agree that most of the CoD players are noobs, but that is simply because CoD is the most open to the public FPS. And, it does kind fo deserve. Although, MW2 was a disgrace to all that is gaming, that was only because of IW's terrible job as a developer.

But just because it has a noobplayer base, doesn't mean good players aren't rewarded.
    Custom 333
    Custom 333

C4 is my cousin

Post  Custom 333 Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:54 am

I meant MW2.

And it's the world's most overrated game. That alone is recipe for disaster.
    80-0
    80-0

Post  80-0 Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:58 pm

I'm not going to not play a game because stupid people like it, or because stupid people think it's the greatest game ever.

I happen to think very highly of Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising. I think it's one of the coolest, most realistic, and most fun shooters out there. Maybe that's because of how hard it is compared to a rococo game like MW2, but I don't think MW2 is a disgrace to gaming. I think MW2 proved an important point: that there are some people who have no skill at shooters who just tube to advance their profile, and there are some people who rack up the headshots, and actually try and complete those fun-but-seemingly-impossible-to-get-challenges, who earn their way through the ranks by getting their points through a mixed bag of methods. I think I'm one of those people. The latter.

Post  Guest Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:34 pm

I think MW2 would have likely been the best FPS in shooter history if IW had been more responsive to the community.

Looking past the tubing, Host Migration, fag-knifers, weapon whores, and all the other bad crap that IW should have fixed then the game would have been remarkable. But IW sucks.

But there are also the abusive players, who will experiment with new classes and inevitably find the new OneManyArmy Nub Tub of Black Ops. But hopefully Treyarch is better at reacting to stuff like that.

I plan to get Black Ops eventually, but I don't know which system I should get it on. PC hast dedicated servers, but Xbox is generally better.
    80-0
    80-0

Post  80-0 Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:41 pm

Wait, so Black Ops will run servers?

I hate to admit it but I actually prefer the randomness of IWNet... I wouldn't mind some basic preferences though.

It's going to be interesting; my brother played World at War at one of his friends' dorms, and he told me, basically, it sucked. Black Ops will hopefully be better...

Post  Guest Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:45 pm

80-0 wrote:Wait, so Black Ops will run servers?

I hate to admit it but I actually prefer the randomness of IWNet... I wouldn't mind some basic preferences though.

It's going to be interesting; my brother played World at War at one of his friends' dorms, and he told me, basically, it sucked. Black Ops will hopefully be better...
    lolwut? Randomness? Or do you mean stupidity? And W@W didn't suck at all, I mean not to say it was amazing, but it was far better than MW2.
    80-0
    80-0

Post  80-0 Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:21 am

You just like Nazi Zombies, don't you...

Where's the balance? Where's the Capitalist Pig Zombies? Razz
    Custom 333
    Custom 333

C4 is my cousin

Post  Custom 333 Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:38 pm

ROFL, on Steam (www.store.steampowered.com) It keeps recommending my favorite games from other games I look up. Laughing

If you're looking at a game and on the bottom it recommends two of your favorite games, just buy it.
    80-0
    80-0

Post  80-0 Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:28 am

I reject impulse buying.
    Custom 333
    Custom 333

C4 is my cousin

Post  Custom 333 Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:55 am

80-0 wrote:I reject impulse buying.
    I apologize for nothing. Laughing
    80-0
    80-0

Post  80-0 Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:04 pm

Custom 333 wrote:

And why should you?

Post  Guest Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:30 pm

80-0 wrote:You just like Nazi Zombies, don't you...

Where's the balance? Where's the Capitalist Pig Zombies? Razz
    No, in fact I have never even played Nazi Zombies. On W@W or BO.
    Custom 333
    Custom 333

C4 is my cousin

Post  Custom 333 Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:08 pm

80-0 wrote:
    Custom 333 wrote:

And why should you?
    Naw, I was just making fun of you.
    80-0
    80-0

Post  80-0 Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:52 pm

No, the proper answer to "I apologize for nothing" is "And why should you?". That way everyone is happy.
    Custom 333
    Custom 333

C4 is my cousin

Post  Custom 333 Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:00 pm

Anybody know how to PWN Super Battle Droids? In RC I get stuck on levels like the last Geonosis level and a Bridge to Far. Basically any time I have to beat 3 or more SBDs without my whole team sniping/anti-armor.
    80-0
    80-0

Post  80-0 Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:14 am

A bridge too far is always a tough one. The key is to toss an EMP right away which will eliminate the B-1s, and stun the B-2s. Then utilize the "Eliminate Target" command on each SBD to eliminate them one at a time. If you can't take them down with EMP+targeting, you will have to use anti-armor. One shell only.

Now there are two SBD dispensers, making this a particularly pernicious level. Plus there's a turret which likely has a B-1 on it. So there is a lot to do, in a short period of time.

Once you eliminate the advance droid group with EMP+targeting, set up your team on anti-armor and sniping positions. Find somewhere for yourself to take cover behind when sniping the turret; I use the left-hand side where there are some planter boxes which provide decent crouch-cover.

By this time two-three SBDs have come out of the dispensers, so you need to whip out the anti-armor. There are two methods for what do now.

Method #1: Quickly give the order for one man to bomb the SBD dispenser BEHIND the turret, meaning the one on the left. You yourself need to get on the turret. This part is very tricky, because you have to be standing in the right place facing the right way, etc., but when you do, open fire on the SBDs. Make sure someone is still on the anti-armor position and on a sniper position. You can give orders from the turret by aiming, but it's not recommended as it consumes time needed to be pouring fire on the SBDs.

You have to get out of the turret to blow the dispenser. The dispenser exploding causes area-effect damage. Meaning you have to get away from the dispenser to blow it up. Tricky. Get out and high-tail it away, blow it up, and run back to the turret and hop on, laying down fire on the SBDs. Once they are suppressed (lol, SBDs, suppressed? Fat chance; they're the Daleks of Republic Commando Razz ), send a man to bomb the second dispenser.

ALERT: If your bomb-planter gets taken down, get someone over there to replace him and someone to revive him. Replace and Revive. Now you're in trouble because you no longer have cover from an AA position or a Sniper position. However you won't be fired at because there are two team members to be fired at. You're still on the turret so you can still knock up the SBDs. Revival will be brief; once he's revived, put your men back on positions.

IMPORTANT POINT: At all times when on the turret, make sure you are shooting at one SBD while your squadmates are targeting another; use the "Eliminate Target" order to do so.

Method #2: Give two quick orders: one to send a man on the turret and one to send a man to plant the bomb. Stay back and use your anti-armor rounds to blow up the SBDs. Once you run out, use the opportunity to grab some more ammo; I'm pretty sure a package of 4 additional anti-armor shells is on the left-hand side either in the front or in the back; it might be in the back. Grab that and keep suppressing the SBDs while you can; be careful not to fire a round somewhere where it'll hit your teammates. For example, rather than firing the round straight at the SBD and guaranteeing immediate destruction while also causing damage to teammates, fire it behind the SBD so it will greatly harm the SBD so that you can finish it off with your rifle and your teammates fire.

This method means you're not right near the SBDs, and you can better use cover and stay alive. The second bomb will be fairly simple; all in all you will have eight[8] anti-armor rounds to use, so use them carefully. Your sniper rifle is a valuable asset; careful aiming is necessary too; the red dot on the SBD's under-armor is the vulnerable spot to aim at.

Try each method a few times; the first one worked better for me.

The key to all this is, of course, timing, so you need to get everything exactly right. You'll probably have to re-do this part several times, so patience is also important. Good luck! Smile
    Custom 333
    Custom 333

C4 is my cousin

Post  Custom 333 Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:10 pm

What can I do if the everyone is getting themselves killed? The commando bots are pretty dumb even compared to the Battlefront AIs.

I also think I just don't know how to fight SBDs, I die in the Geonosis hallway when I get 3 SBDs. Laughing (ultimate lame fail)
    80-0
    80-0

Post  80-0 Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:03 pm

You have to get them on positions. If you get them on positions they will probably not die too quickly.
    Custom 333
    Custom 333

C4 is my cousin

Post  Custom 333 Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:38 pm

World's most stupid question: Does Counter Strike: Source have an active community? (actually answer please)
    Custom 333
    Custom 333

C4 is my cousin

Post  Custom 333 Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:51 pm

Soo... anybody have Counter Strike?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:49 pm